Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Youth Ideas - Sayings of Mothers

Youth Ideas - Sayings of Mothers

This Mother's Day teaching activity can be a Children's sermon or a reminder that mothers look after us just as the Heavenly Father does.


Transcript

  • 1. Youth Ideas -Sayings ofMothersThis Mothers Dayteaching activity can be aChildrens sermon or areminder that motherslook after us just as theHeavenly Father does.www.CreativeYouthIdeas.comwww.CreativeHolidayIdeas.com
  • 2. www.CreativeYouthIdeas.comwww.CreativeHolidayIdeas.comActivityHave children / youth list things thattheir mothers say to them. As a funvariation, ask them to list three ofthe most common things said bytheir mothers to them on a piece ofpaper. Place them in a bowl andrandomly distribute them. Youthmust then try to guess whosemother the sayings come from.
  • 3. www.CreativeYouthIdeas.comwww.CreativeHolidayIdeas.comDebriefDiscuss how these things are amother’s way of taking care ofthem. See the list below for someideas. You could also ask children/ youth how many of theirmothers have said things likethese. What is the rationalebehind these sayings? Are they alltrue?
  • 4. www.CreativeYouthIdeas.comwww.CreativeHolidayIdeas.comSayings of Mothers• A little “birdy” told me!• A little soap & water never killedanybody.• Always wear clean underwear incase you get in an accident.• Am I talking to a brick wall?• Answer me when I ask you aquestion!• Are you deaf or something?• Are you going out dressed likethat?• Are you lying to me?• Are your hands broken? Pick it upyourself! I’m not your maid!• As long as you live under my roof,you’ll do as I say.
  • 5. www.CreativeYouthIdeas.comwww.CreativeHolidayIdeas.com• Call me when you get there, justso I know you’re okay.• Clean up after yourself!• Close the door behind you —were you born in a barn?• Cupcakes are NOT a breakfastfood!• Did you brush your teeth?• Did you flush?• Did you clean your room?• Did you comb your hair?• Do as I say, not as I do• Do I look like a maid?
  • 6. www.CreativeYouthIdeas.comwww.CreativeHolidayIdeas.com• Do you think I’m made of money?• Do you think this is a hotel?• Do you think your socks are going topick themselves up?• Don’t ask me WHY. The answer is NO• Don’t break your arm pattingyourself on the back• Don’t cross your eyes or they’llfreeze that way.• Don’t eat the seeds or you’ll havewatermelons growing out your ears• Don’t EVER let me catch you doingthat again!• Don’t go out with wet hair, you’llcatch cold.• Don’t make me come in there!
  • 7. www.CreativeYouthIdeas.comwww.CreativeHolidayIdeas.com• Don’t make me get up!• Don’t pick it, it’ll get infected.• Don’t put that in your mouth, youdon’t know where it’s been.• Don’t run in the house• Don’t sit too close to the television• Don’t talk with your mouth full!• Don’t use that tone with me!• Don’t walk away when I’m talkingto you!• Don’t you have anything better todo?• Eat those carrots, they’re good foryour eyes. Have you ever seen arabbit wearing glasses?
  • 8. www.CreativeYouthIdeas.comwww.CreativeHolidayIdeas.com• Eat your vegetables, they’re goodfor you.• Enough is enough!• Go ask your father• Go to your room and wait untilyour daddy gets home!• How can you have nothing towear? your closet is FULL of clothes!• How do you know you don’t like itif you haven’t tasted it?• How many times do I have to tellyou…don’t throw things in thehouse!• I can always tell when you’re lying.• I can’t believe you can sleep in thisfilth!• I didn’t ask who put it there, I said“Pick it up!”
  • 9. www.CreativeYouthIdeas.comwww.CreativeHolidayIdeas.com• I don’t care what “everyone” isdoing, I care what you are doing!• I don’t care who started it, I saidstop!• If it were a snake, it would havebitten you.• If you’re too sick to go to school,you’re too sick to play outside.• If you can’t say something nice,don’t say anything at all.• If you don’t stop crying, I am goingto give you something to cry about!• I’m doing this for your own good.• I’m not going to ask you again.• I’m not just talking to hear myself.• I’m going to give you until the countof three.
  • 10. www.CreativeYouthIdeas.comwww.CreativeHolidayIdeas.com• I’m going to skin you alive!• Isn’t it past your bedtime?• I’ve had it up to here with you.• Life isn’t fair.• Look at me when I’m talking toyou.• Men perspire, ladies glisten.• Money does NOT grow on trees.• No child of MINE would dosomething like that.• Over my dead body!• Pick that up before somebodytrips on it and breaks their neck!
  • 11. www.CreativeYouthIdeas.comwww.CreativeHolidayIdeas.com• Say that again and I’ll wash yourmouth out with soap.• Shut the door! I’m not heating (airconditioning) the entire neighborhood!• Sit like a lady!• So it’s raining? You’re not sugar —you won’t melt.• Someday your face will freeze likethat!• There’s enough dirt in those ears togrow potatoes!• This hurts me more than it hurts you.• What if everyone jumped off a cliff?Would you do it, too?• What part of NO don’t youunderstand?• When you have your own house thenyou can make the rules!
  • 12. www.CreativeYouthIdeas.comwww.CreativeHolidayIdeas.com• Who died and left you boss?• Why? Because I said so, that’swhy?• You can be anything you want to, ifyou just set your mind to it.• You had better wipe that smile offyour face before I do it for you.• You must think rules are made tobe broken.• You will ALWAYS be my baby.• You won’t be happy until you breakthat, will you?• You’d forget your head if it wasn’tattached to your shoulders!• Your father is going to hear aboutthis when HE gets home!• You’re going to put your eye outwith that thing!• I LOVE YOU!
  • 13. www.CreativeYouthIdeas.comwww.CreativeHolidayIdeas.comApplicationGod gives us instructions andtakes care of us, just like ourmothers do. Everything he sayscan be trusted and is for ourbenefit. We should be thankful toGod for mothers to take care ofus. They might not always beperfect as God is, but they dolove us and are a little bit ofheaven on earth.
  • 14. www.CreativeYouthIdeas.comwww.CreativeHolidayIdeas.comThis Mother’s Day teachingactivity can be a Children’sSermon or a reminder forany day that mothers lookafter us just as theHeavenly Father does.
  • 15. Holiday CollectionGames and Activities in Celebrationof common Holidays.Creative Holiday Ideas has over 300 pages ofideas to help you plan your next New Year’sDay, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’sDay, Halloween or Fall Festival, andThanksgiving event. If you’ve ever wonderedwhat you’re going to do for all these holidaysand how you’re going to do it, this resource isfor you.=> Tell me more about the Holiday Collectionwww.CreativeYouthIdeas.com